I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by two people. I’m just so popular everyone wants to be my friend. A-hah-hah.
If you’ve never heard of the Liebster Award, you understand none of these references. So here are the rules.
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 small blogs (under 200 followers) who you think deserve this award.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify nominees via social media/blogs.
Since the questions are made up, I have eleven different questions from each nomination to answer.
In my imagination: I have 10,000 followers, and these are the questions my adoring fans are dying to know. And I set up one of those popular #AskRebekah things on Twitter, and I start the blog with, “I wish there was enough time to get to all your wonderful questions. .”
And readers from around the world sigh in disappointment because I didn’t answer their question. But they understand. Because I’m so busy, out there writing content that changes people’s lives and the world. And so they’ll try the next time, and hopefully I’ll answer their question then.
Instead of – you know – the reality that I have less than 200 followers and that’s why I got the Liebster Award. But that’s okay!
I’ll get into the questions now. (I’ve filtered through them so you won’t have to sit through 22 questions.)
1. What made you decide to start your blog? – Arika
I’ve been blogging since I was about 12. I’ve always loved writing, so the thought of writing something and sending it into the vast expanse of the internet where someone could read it, appealed to me. And it still does.
2. What is your favorite beauty item? – Leonie
Make-up wise, it’s foundation and concealer, though I’m always on the hunt for that perfect shade. Otherwise, my Tangle Teaser is pretty stinkin’ amazing.
3. What was your biggest life lesson in 2014? – Arika
If you read my 2014: My Year In Review post, I feel like I touched on this, but my biggest life lesson was from my dad, and it had to do with looking back on your life. Do you want to look back and say that you made the most of every opportunity? That you traveled and lived and made mistakes. Or do you want to look back and shrug and say, “at least I paid my bills.”
4. From where do you draw your inspiration for blogging? – Leonie
Regular conversation, mostly. At the coffee shop, I have a few people I find myself making observations with. Observations about life, money, people, etc. But mostly, I listen. If someone says something profound, I chew on it. If I see someone act out of the ordinary, I try to figure out why that is, what stage that person may be in life, and what is ordinary really?
I’m basically a crazy over-thinker. Then, for typical blog stuff, I read other blogs, watch YouTube, or bake something new.
5. What was the last book, magazine, or blog post that you read? – Arika
I read so much, there’s no way of knowing. I’m currently reading An Abundance Of Katherines by John Green. The last book I finished was We Were Liars by E. Lockhart, and ohh, don’t get me started.
6. What is your favorite drink? – Leonie
I work at a coffee shop. Drinks are almost my life, yet I can’t pick one. Now I’m thinking about chocolate peanut butter ice cream. Oh how strangely the human mind works.
I will tell you I’m always up for a vanilla shake!
7. Was it difficult to share your blog with people you know? Why or why not? – Arika
This is a great question. Yes it was. Because it meant I couldn’t talk about them on my blog anymore! *awkward cough* But now, I’m telling a lot more people I know about my blog. They actually do prove to be great ghost followers (hardly any of them own social media accounts, it’s funny).
8. What is your most loved fashion item? – Leonie
Tough one. Probably a dainty little silver heart and moon necklace Chris gave me. I wear it constantly now, along with my over-sized NAVY sweats (no relation, however, also much adored). But I love teeny necklaces and matching them up with different lengths.
9. Which blog post got the most traffic in 2014? – Arika
Another great question, as I’ve never thought of checking. I didn’t know you could check. . .
At a whopping 127 views, 111 of those views being in the same month, was my post Suicide; Stop. Don’t Say Goodbye. Wow. . All I can say is I hope I made a difference.
10. If you could be anybody for one day, who would you want to be? – Leonie
Tinker Bell. I’ve always been infatuated by fairies, and being small like Thumbelina, and being able to fly. It would be awesome to be Tinker Bell for one day. Just keep all fairy skeptics away from me.
11. What single quality do you most appreciate in people’s character? – Leonie
The ability to look at hardships and still laugh. A sort of mixture between positivity, sense of humor, confidence in themselves, and a peace that God is in control.
I want to again thank Leonie and Arika for such great questions! Check out their blogs when you get the chance, and if I’ve nominated you, or you would like to see my nominations, keep reading. My 11 questions will be below.
To everyone else, thanks for reading!
The Girl In Glasses | Simply M | Liv In Progress | Peppermint and Panda Eyes | Her Fashion Blog | The Transient Flower | E and Her Beauty | Suitcase And Sandals | CarinaBunny | Flo’s Mind Palace | megxnscott | Cups Of Tea And Love | Etched In Me |
1. What are the long-term goals you have for your blog?
2. Where do you get your Blogspiration (blog inspiration)?
3. What are your favorite kinds of posts (to read and write)?
4. What is your most popular post so far?
5. Why’d you start blogging?
6. Do you have any funny blogger rituals/habits before, during, or after you write a post?
7. If you could be a person in a TV show, who would it be?
8. Tell me something weird about you.
9. What color are your toenails right now? Followed by, what color do you want them to be?
10. What is your favorite thing to wear?
11. Would you rather your readers: laugh, cry, learn something new, be entertained, or feel empowered by your work?
Looking forward to reading your answers!